Manuscript Review Criteria
The following criteria are used by JOLT's peer reviewers when evaluating manuscripts for possible publication in the journal.
GENERAL CRITERIA THAT ARE APPLIED TO ALL MANUSCRIPTS:
- The paper is appropriate for JOLT.
- The paper is both useful and relevant to online learning and teaching.
- The paper has theoretical or pedagogical value.
- The paper adds significantly to the literature of online learning and teaching.
- The paper follows the JOLT Guidelines for Authors.
- The material in the paper is current.
- The paper is well organized and its conclusions well supported.
- The paper is free of spelling, grammatical, and punctuation errors.
SPECIFIC CRITERIA THAT ARE APPLIED WHERE APPOPRIATE:
- The paper provides adequate documentation.
- The included links and media files enhance the paper.
- The paper makes good use of the electronic medium.
- The illustrations, figures, and tables are necessary and adequate.